Week 8 Participation
1. Please pick one quote from the reading and part of the text assigned to you (list below).
Catherine Macaulay, History of England
2. Please include this quote in your post in quotation marks and offer a simple in-text citation.
3. Please offer a ~200-300words analysis of the quote, reflecting on its rhetorical context, how it is connected to the whole text itself, the lectures, and the other readings/excerpts from this week.
4. Once you have posted your analysis, please respond to at least one other post using the 3C+Q model and include at least three elements of the model in your answer. This model stands for:
1. Compliment: Constructiveness is key. Compliment your friend on something they wrote that
you particularly liked: Great/excellent reading of, “I really liked how/that
2. Comment: Engage and reflect on your friends post. You can agree or politely disagree with
their statement: I agree that because or I can see how that could be read in this way;
however, I think that because
3. Connection: Connect what your friend shared to something you wrote, to the lectures, or the
readings: This also ties really well into
4. Question: Ask a specific question about the post to keep the conversation going. I wonder if
this could also suggest Could this be also related to? This could perhaps