Self assesment essay
The essay is a 3-4 page essay that you reflect on what you have learned this semester in my class and if you feel you have grown up as a student and writer.
You must answer the questions:
1. Recognize the role of language attitudes and standards in empowering, oppressing, and hierarchizing languages and their users, and be open to communicating across different languages and cultures.
2. Explore and analyze, in writing and reading, a variety of genres and rhetorical situations.
3. Develop strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing.
4. Recognize and practice key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations.
5. Engage in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes.
6. Understand and use print and digital technologies to address a range of audiences.
7. Locate research sources (including academic journal articles, magazine and newspaper articles) in the librarys databases or archives and on the Internet and evaluate them for credibility, accuracy, timeliness, and bias.
8. Compose texts that integrate your stance with appropriate sources using strategies such as summary, critical analysis, interpretation, synthesis, and argumentation.
9. Practice systematic application of citation conventions.
in essay format not in bullet points
This essay answers this question: To what extent have I achieved the course learning objectives this semester? Importantly, then, your essay should quote and respond to each of our course learning objectives below. That said, your essay should not be organized in the bulleted format in which the objectives are presented.
Do you feel that you understood the learning objectives that were listed above (The list of 9 I just gave you)