investigate structure and culture
This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome:
MT302M6-6: Analyze organizational structure and culture in an organization.
Read the scenario and address the checklist items.
ROBoInc. is a robotics software company with 100 employees located in Bismarck, North Dakota in the United States. Up until now, the culture is fairly strongly established as a hard working culture that operates as departmental families. The company has had an informal code of ethics that is not uniform since every department has handled ethical conduct issues in its own manner. As a result, there have been increasing incidents of personnel doing consulting work for other companies outside of work hours. The CEO is concerned as their robotics software could be compromised.
Lately, as the companys software is increasingly sought by robot producing companies around the globe, the CEO realizes it is time to reimagine a more formalized, diverse, and global type company, while adhering to an ethical code of conduct with uniform responses to infringement.
The CEO knows they will need to hire at least another 20 salespersons and additional software developers soon to address this increasing global demand. The CEO wants to restructure the company while keeping company costs down as much as possible.
Disclaimer: The organization and characters depicted in this exercise are fictional. Any resemblance to real organizations or individuals is purely coincidental.
Help ROBoInc. address the problems by completing the checklist items based on the companys current organizational structure provided below the checklist.
Address the following checklist items in your Assessment submission:
1) Identify the characteristics needed in implementing a shared ethical culture and explain how this will help the organization.
2) Choose a common ethical culture indicated by the scenario, the reading, and activities, and explain your reasoning.
3) Explain how the ethical culture you choose will be affected by the global context (see Hofstedes cultural dimensions). What are some of the global implications?
4) Analyze the current organizational structure and culture (using the Competing Values Framework).
5) Specify the key questions the executives need to answer in order to create the most effective and suitable organizational structure and culture.
6) Explain the importance of ethical leadership involved in implementing a new organization structure and suggest a possible new structure based on the organizational structures you find on the Internet, in the Readings or Learning Activities.
7) Submit your 34-page paper addressing all the checklist items in an essay with additional title and reference pages in APA format and citation style to the Dropbox.
ROBoInc.s current organization structure
Note: This Assessment will be submitted to Turnitin to ensure originality.
Access the assessment rubric.
Minimum Submission Requirements
Address all the checklist items and submit your original paper in a Word document in APA format.
Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Your paper should include an additional title page and it should be double spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, with correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references (on last additional page.)
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.