All assignments MUST be typed, double-spaced, in APA style, 7th edition, and must be written at graduate level English. You must integrate the material presented in the text to support your discussion, citing in APA format. Current research articles may be used to support the text information, but not replace the text.
Your discussion should illustrate your understanding of the text and research. Write in your own words, citing the source of your information in APA format. Please use all chapters in the text to add depth to your responses.
Your response to each question should be approx. 1- 1 pages per question.
Assignment should be 7-8 pages total plus a title and reference page.
1. Discuss how Adlers view of how a persons level of social interest was determined by positive or negative social experiences in early childhood and how he called that lifestyle. Using examples, discuss what he saw as a solution to psychological disorders, or problems.
2. Discuss Horneys rebuttal to Freuds view of female psychology, specifically his gender bias and genitalia envy.
3. Discuss Pierre Janets concept of psychic energy and how he related this concept to mental health.
4. Discuss the social and political events that heavily impacted Pavlovs research, specifically within the pivotal time period of his Tower of Silence distinction as the world-class center for physiological research.
5. Stanley Milgrams obedience studies were controversial, had unexpected outcomes and challenged research ethical procedures. Discuss these elements specifically related to Milgrams authority experience. Do you see Milgrams findings applicable to contemporary social psychology?
6. The concept of self-actualization was first applied by Kurt Goldstein, used by Abraham Maslow and extended in terms of categorization by Carl Rogers. Discuss this progression and the change in application to describing human need and development.