You will now work solo! You will review the “clients” answers to the Final Ten Questions your client/instructor answered in the Module 5 Discussion area. All questions should be thoughtfully designed and based on the materials and current learning in this course. Your goal is to gather the information you need to begin to create a case management plan to best help your client. Answer the questions below:
Analyze and reflect on the answers the client provided. Did any of the answers surprise you or lead to less information than you had hoped for?
Reflect on how you might have re-structured any the questions that didn’t work as you had hoped. Go ahead and revise any question based on the response you received from the client/instructor. Describe how and why you are clarifying a question.
For questions that did work as intended, defend why you think they work as intended?
Remember, for this second assignment you are also required to give a brief explanation as to why you chose each question.
two women looking at a computer screen
CC-BY 2011 U.S. Department of Agriculture
For example (If Terry was the client.)
Students question I read in your application that you are applying for Section 8 housing. You stated you need affordable housing for you and your children. Can I ask you to share with me what your current housing situation is?
Students brief explanation We want to know if the client is homeless, about to be homeless, or is looking for more affordable housing for some other reason.
Describe the basis for your interviewing approach in this scenario.
What did you learn from the student-instructor interactive exercise of Scenario 1?
You will post your reactions and rephrased questions here. Your work will receive an individual grade. Be sure to cite any sources you reference to support your comments, opinions using the APA format.
1. Do you keep in contact with any of your husbands family members, to help assist with the children?
Explanation: To provide extra help from the husbands family and/or to help locate the father for support too.
2. Have you applied for child support?
Explanation: To search for any other sources of income to help with any finances.
3. So, you are submitting this application, due to the fear of losing your job?
Explanation: Restating what the initial problem is to reassure the client of your active listening skills.
4. What is your MAIN concern regarding the issue of being fired?
Explanation: Prioritizing what is most important to her, in dealing with this situation to find the best solution.
5. Do you think you would qualify for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program?
Explanation: To help with other finances instead of using her salary for food.
6. Are there childcare providers of your choice that you would prefer for your children to attend?
Explanation: Allowing the mother to feel comfortable with the childcare services provided.
7. Have you ever thought about applying for any housing assistance?
Explanation: Safeguarding her living situation in case she loses her housing from her job lost.
8. Do you have any immediate family members you can go to in case of emergency?
Explanation: A support system to be put in place in case she gets evicted with her children from the home.
9. Are there any personal reasons why your husband abandoned you and your kids?
Explanation: Showing empathy towards her situation.
10. Would you be interested in networking with other working single mothers looking for support with their kids?
Explanation: Supporting Emotional awareness to what other single mothers experiences are.