Children and Food Insecurity
Submit a 5-page double spaced paper on the policy response to this social problem. The policy described must be a federal or state policy (not a local or agency policy).
*PLEASE NOTE THE FEDERAL POLICIES I WANT YOU TO WRITE ABOUT ARE:
SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) & SPECIAL SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR WOMEN, INFANTS, & CHILDREN (WIC)
This is part 2 to a paper already submitted I will attach part 1 in the additional materials box so that you can use that as a guide for this paper
For Part 2, papers must include:
*PLEASE NOTE: When you write this paper can you separate each subcategory into different paragraphs.
1. Describe more thoroughly the state or federal policy that you introduced in Part 1 of the assignment. What is title/name of policy; when was it developed; what are the major element/mandates of the policy.
2. Describe the federal branch AND local NJ agencies that oversee this problem and what their oversight consists of?
3. Critique the adequacy of this policy.
o Citing recent research literature, how effective has the policy been in addressing the social problem? Be very specific about how the research measures efficacy of the policy.
o What outcomes inform the policy analysis? How adequate are these outcomes or indicators?
o In your experience, are there other outcomes or indicators that should be used? OR why are these outcomes adequate?
4. Describe how social work training and experiences can inform understanding of the social problem and how social workers can participate in the policy solution
5. Design a theoretical advocacy effort that social workers could implement to address the social problem/policy
o Students do not have to implement the advocacy effort but must describe ONE effort that could be done and why this specific advocacy effort is a good fit for addressing the problem/policy.