Autistic disorder spectrum
Unit 4 Critical Thinking: Research in Health Care Field
1. Review research article(s) from a peer review journal or website on your field of interest. Report on major areas found in the research. Some possible areas that you may discover include those listed below. Include at least one graphic.
2. Format: 6+ slide PowerPoint Presentation (Do not submit Microsoft Word, PDF, JPEG, etc. for this project.)
3. Abstract or Overview Abstract: The equivalent of a two to three sentence summary of the report.
4. Introduction/Background: This section should include the equivalent of two to three paragraphs describing what you have learned in this research about the metacognitive principle that the research was designed to explore.
5. Purpose of the Study: The intent of the study
6. Hypotheses: Describe the question(s) the research explored/tested (if provided).
Findings: The analysis should include the equivalent of two to three paragraphs summarizing and interpreting the data. Describe anything unusual or unexpected that might have occurred during the experiment. State if the hypothesis was confirmed or not and explain why you think the experiment turned out the way it did. Data/Statistics: Display the data in a graphic format(s) that is easy to read. Your presentation of the finding should include summary statistics.
8. Methodology Method: Write the equivalent of two to three paragraphs describing in detail the plan for how the researcher conducted the study.
9. Recommendations: Suggestions for future study References
10. Reference: APA bibliographical listing of the article(s) or other sources used in your report.
A Sample of Peer Reviewed Journals:
American Journal of Nursing Evidence-Based Nursing
Journal of Research in Nursing Journal of Emergency Nursing
Journal of Nursing Education Journal of Holistic Nursing
Nursing Outlook Nursing Standard
Clinical Nursing Research Nursing Science Quarterly
Pediatric Nursing Biological Research for Nursing
Nurse Education Today Neonatal Network
Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing Policy, Politics, & Nursing Practice Topics
Select one peer-review article, 2016-present, from GALILEO or the sample reviewed journals listed above and cite each source.
Disease/Condition Measure to treat/Control Select one o Aging Population
Current Practices in End-of-Life (Palliative) Care
Dementia o Alcoholism and Co-Dependency o Autistic disorder spectrum o Cancer
Prostate Cancer o Carpal Tunnel Syndrome o Depression o Drug Dependence and Interactions o Diabetes o HIV/AIDS o Hypertension o Kidney Disease o Obesity in Children and Adolescents o Smoking
Second Hand Smoke o Stress Management o Stroke: Prevention and Treatment o Respiratory Disease
Review a research article (s) on your field of interest: Include applicable sections
b. Introduction/ Background
c. Purpose/ Objective/ Hypotheses
d. Findings/Results/ Data