Any topic (writer’s choice)
1. Your paper must be five pages.
2. Each page must have one-inch margins at the top, bottom and sides of each page.
3. You must use either: Times New Roman or Courier 12 point font.
4. You must watch the following movie:
The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996)
5. After watching the movie, you will give me a brief synopsis of the plot, identifying the main characters and the significance of their roles in the movie.
6. You must describe the nature of the cases and the significant constitutional arguments that are raised on both sides of the litigation. Describe the significance of the major characters in the movie and how they impact the course of the movie or the conduct of the lead characters.
7. What are your feelings about the issues raised in the movie?
8. What arguments were offered by either side in support of their positions? With whom do you agree?
9. How does the movie end? Did you find that your opinion was impacted by the arguments that were made by the lawyers arguing their positions?
10. Tell me a little about your experience watching the movie: How did it make you feel? Were you surprised by what transpires? Do you agree or disagree with the outcome? Did this movie affect how you feel about the justice system and how it regulates our rights under the United States Constitution?
11. Lastly, please explain briefly if this movie has impacted your feelings about the current arguments that are being made with respect to free speech and the free and open exchange of ideas.