Answer these 5 questions
The essay for each question should be between 250 and 350 words in length. The text should be double-spaced, with 1-inch margins on all sides. Pages must be numbered. There is no need for a title page. Simply put your name at the top of the first page. Your essay should reflect your own thinking and writing. Discussing the issues in the question(s) with others in the class is acceptable, but the final written product should be your own. Please bear in mind that the instructors of this course take the issue of academic honesty very seriously and will keep vigilant watch for examples of plagiarism.
1. You are hired as an IT Manager for an organization that doesnt have an IT strategic plan in place. Your supervisor, who is the Chief Information Officer (CIO), assigned you to develop an IT strategic plan. How do you develop the IT strategic plan? Who would you collaborate with to develop the IT strategic plan? What tools and techniques would you use?
2. A new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation has been launched by your organization. Please describe what an ERP system is with examples and also answer the following questions.
a) What are the benefits of an ERP system?
b) What are the challenges faced during the implementation of an enterprise system?
c) List a few tips to avoid a failed implementation of an enterprise system.
3. You are assigned as a project manager for a critical initiative for your organization. Your supervisor advised you to focus on project management triple constraints. Please describe the project management triple constraints and what techniques you will use to make sure aspects of the triple constraints are managed properly.
4. You work for a multinational firm with branch offices in many countries. You are requested to implement solutions that enhance the collaboration of employees. What solutions would you deploy to achieve this objective?
5. The number of IT projects is increasing for your organization. You and your supervisor want to establish an IT Project Management Office (PMO) to manage projects more effectively. The board of directors has requested a justification for the establishment of the PMO before they approve the additional funding required. Please provide a justification for:
a. Why is IT project management important?
b. What are the benefits of having a Project Management Office (PMO)?