The purpose of this assignment is to create a presentation that synthesizes and analyzes research conducted on “Southwest Airlines” to determine optimal strategic alternatives.
Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation that highlights the research and analysis regarding how “Southwest Airlines” external and internal environments influence or affect its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Speaker notes should be included for each slide.
Use the following outline to structure your presentation:
1. Strategic Profile and Case Analysis Purpose
2. Situation Analysis: (a) General Environmental Analysis Focus on the trends in the seven segments of the general environment and predict which segments you expect to have the most significance to your company in coming years; (b) Industry Analysis Reference the five forces of competition model to judge the attractiveness of the industry (or segment of the industry) in which your company is competing; (c) Competitor Analysis Identify your competitor’s strategies so your company can learn to predict their responses; (d) Internal Analysis Analyze your company’s value chain to assess the organization’s overall strengths and weaknesses.
3. SWOT Analysis (Environmental Opportunities and Threats and Firm Strengths and Weaknesses) How will the findings identified in the Situation Analysis enable the company to maximize its strengths and capitalize on advantageous opportunities while minimizing its weaknesses and evading environmental threats?
4. Strategy Formulation Synthesize the results of your Situation and SWOT Analysis to develop alternatives that make use of environmental opportunities while avoiding environmental threats. Evaluate which alternative is the best option and defend the selection: (a) strategic alternatives, (b) alternative evaluation, and (c) alternative choice.
5. Strategic Alternative Implementation Design your proposed implementation of the chosen strategy. Consider and evaluate a variety of potentially critical implementation issues: (a) action items and (b) action plan.